We offer a training skills training course for trainers. The course can be organised as a stand-alone course or can lead to a recognised training qualification. The course introduces the basic theory of training including practical advice on how to prepare, structure and deliver effective training to meet specific needs.
The training is very hands on involving practical activities linked to the development of skills and knoweldge.
The course will ensure that participants are able to:
- Understand the training cycle
- Understand learning styles and how people learn
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the trainer
- Develop effective training materials and resources
- Organise effective training events
- Deliver presentations
- Utilise learning activities and exercises
- Demonstrate skills
- Instruct learners
- Coach learners
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training
All participants will be expected to deliver at least one presentation as part of the course, which will be peer assessed through observation.
The course is available either as a bespoke course or as an open course run at various venues around the country. Attendance on one of our open courses costs £200/person plus VAT. Note that a minimum number of four delegates is required for this course to run.
Book your course or speak to a Course Leader by calling 01379 676545.