Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
This Level 3 certificate is intended for assessors who assess occupational competence both in the work environment and a college or training centre. It requires an understanding of the principles and practices of assessment and the competence required to complete assessments in any context.
The programme we offer is designed for those who need the knowledge and skills to achieve the two units:
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
- Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment
- Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding
It comprises a one day workshop followed by a period of one-to-one support leading to final assessment against the requirements of the units.
The workshop will introduce:
- Assessment as part of the training cycle
- The principles of effective assessment
- The assessment process
- Assessment methods and their application
- The role of the assessor
- Matching assessment to different contexts
- Quality assurance within the assessment process
Following the workshop learners will be given time to develop their skills as an assessor. All learners will receive an individual assessment plan that will describe what needs to be evidenced to achieve the units and the qualification.
To achieve the qualification learners need to provide:
- Two unit assignments to demonstrate their understanding of the assessment criteria specified in the units
- Evidence collected from assessment activities
- Evidence of an observed assessment.
Evidence can be presented in either a paper based or electronic portfolio. Once complete your portfolio will be assessed by one of our team of assessors who will determine if the evidence presented is relevant, reliable and sufficient to meet the requirements of the award.
The course is available either as a bespoke course or via one of our open courses. Courses can be arranged and run at short notice anywhere in the country. There are no specific entry requirements. The qualifications are suitable for learners of 18 years of age and above.
The cost of achieving this qualification starts at £700 plus vat: covering attending an open course, unit assessment, IQA and Awarding Organisation fees. Bespoke courses are costed on an individual basis depending on exact requirements, with discounts for bulk orders.
Please note: This cost does not include your assessor's travel costs for observed assessment. This will be calculated on an individual basis.
Register for this certificate by clicking on the link below or by calling 01379 676545.