Certificate in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
This Level 3 Award is intended for assessors who assess occupational competence in a college or training centre environment. This assessing qualification and would allow you to assess apprenticeships and any other regulated training in your subject area. It requires an understanding of the principles of assessment as they apply to the assessment that supports vocational courses delivered in a college environment.
The programme we offer is designed for those who need the knowledge and skills to achieve the two units:
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
- Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding
It comprises a one day workshop which will introduce:
- Assessment as part of the training cycle
- The principles of effective assessment
- The assessment process
- Assessment methods and their application
- The role of the assessor
- Matching assessment to different contexts
- Quality assurance within the assessment process
Following the workshop learners will be given time to develop their skills and one-to-one support leading to final assessment against the requirements of the units. All learners will receive an individual assessment plan that will describe what needs to be evidenced to achieve the units and the qualification.
To achieve the qualification learners need to provide evidence of their competence, to include:
- Short assignments to demonstrate an understanding of the assessment criteria specified in the units.
- Evidence collected from assessment activities demonstrating how assessments were planned and delivered with candidates.
- Evidence of an observed assessment.
At RI we provide all our learners access to the SwiftTrack competence tracking system. Learners are expected to use this system to collect and store evidence of their competence. Once complete the SwiftTrack portfolio will be assessed by one of our team of assessors who will determine if the evidence presented is relevant, reliable and sufficient to meet the requirements of the award.
This course is run according to our COVID-19 protocol. The cost of achieving this qualification starts from £400 plus vat: covering attending the initial workshop, unit assessment, IQA and Awarding Organisation fees. Bespoke courses are costed on an individual basis depending on exact requirements, with discounts for bulk orders.
Register for this training programme by clicking on the link below or by calling 01379 676545 / 07552021021.