Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
This Level 4 Award is intended for those who need to quality assure assessment practice and manage IQAs others in the assurance of quality.
The programme we offer is designed for those who need the knowledge and skills to achieve the three units:
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment
- Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment
- Plan, Allocate and Monitor Work in Own Area of Responsibility
It comprises a one day workshop followed by a period of one-to-one support leading to final assessment against the requirements of the units.
The workshop will introduce:
- The role of quality assurance in the training cycle and the delivery of qualifications
- The principles of quality assurance
- The development of quality systems and processes
- Practical quality auditing techniques
- The role of the Internal Quality Assurer
- How quality assurance works in a range of different contexts
- Managing the IQA process
Following the workshop learners will be given time to develop their skills as an IQA. All learners will receive an individual assessment plan that will describe what needs to be evidenced to achieve the units and the qualification.
To achieve the qualification learners need to provide:
- Three unit assignments to demonstrate their understanding of the assessment criteria specified in the units
- Evidence collected from IQA activities including leading and managing others
- Evidence of an observed IQA activity
Evidence can be presented in either a paper based or electronic portfolio. Once complete your portfolio will be assessed by one of our team of assessors who will determine if the evidence presented is relevant, reliable and sufficient to meet the requirements of the qualification.
The course is available either as a bespoke course or via one of our open courses. Courses can be arranged and run at short notice anywhere in the country. There are no specific entry requirements. The qualifications are suitable for learners of 18 years of age and above.
The cost of achieving this qualification starts at £800 plus vat: covering attending an open course, unit assessment, IQA and Awarding Organisation fees. Bespoke courses are costed on an individual basis depending on exact requirements, with discounts for bulk orders.
Please note: This cost does not include your assessor's travel costs for observed assessment. This will be calculated on an individual basis.
Register for this award by clicking on the link below or by calling 01379 676545.