Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
This Level 4 Award is intended for Lead Internal Quality Assurers (IQAs) who are responsible for leading a team of IQAs to assure the quality of vocational training and assessment practice in a work environment or in a college or training centre. It covers the quality assurance requirements that are required to support the delivery of NVQ's, apprenticeships and any other regulated training.
It requires an understanding of the principles and practices of quality assurance linked to the delivery of competence-based qualifications.
The programme we offer is designed to deliver the knowledge and skills required to achieve the following three units:
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment
- Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment
- Plan, Allocate and Monitor Work in Own Area of Responsibility
It comprises a two-day workshop that will introduce:
- The role of quality assurance in the training cycle and the delivery of qualifications
- The principles of quality assurance
- The development of quality systems and processes
- Practical quality auditing techniques
- The role of the Internal Quality Assurer
- How quality assurance works in a range of different contexts
- Managing the IQA process
- Managing work
Following the workshop learners will be given time to develop their skills as an IQA. All learners will receive an individual assessment plan that will describe what needs to be evidenced to achieve the units and the qualification.
To achieve the qualification learners need to provide:
- Short assignments to demonstrate an understanding of the assessment criteria specified in the units.
- Evidence collected from IQA activities demonstrating how the IQA process is planned and delivered.
- Evidence of observed IQA activities.
At RI we provide all our learners access to the SwiftTrack competence tracking system. Learners are expected to use this system to collect and store evidence of their competence. Once complete the SwiftTrack portfolio will be assessed by one of our team of assessors who will determine if the evidence presented is relevant, reliable and sufficient to meet the requirements of the award.
This course is run according to our COVID-19 protocol. The cost of achieving this qualification starts from £800 plus vat: covering attending an open course, unit assessment, IQA and Awarding Organisation fees. Bespoke courses are costed on an individual basis depending on exact requirements, with discounts for bulk orders.
Register for this training programme by clicking on the link below or by calling 01379 676545 / 07552021021.